[PADG:26] Lab Renovation Questions

This fall Southern Illinois University's Morris Library is beginning a total renovation project.  This means we will be getting a new conservation lab facility!  I am working closely with the architects in planning the lab.   I have some questions and need advice from any one with opinions in these areas.

Flooring:
Our current lab has carpeting.  I do not want carpeting the new lab.  Let me know what types of flooring you have in your lab, and if you would recommend it. Or any types of flooring you've seen or heard about that would be good for a conservation lab.

Fume Hood:
We will be replacing our old fume hood and I need your advice in this area too.  What brands, types, sizes you would suggest we look at.  I'm thinking we wouldn't want anything wider that 60".

All your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Barbara

Barbara Summers
Preservation Unit Supervisor
Morris Library