[PADG:2367] RE: FW: Help on Fume Hood Vendors

If you are going to do a large amount of spraying, please keep in mind
that adequate freedom of movement by the operator is necessary.  Using
the sash height to regulate flow is fine, but it often compromises range
of movement because you may not get good draw if the sash is raised more
than a foot and a half or so.

Also, keep in mind that with high use, the fume hood will begin to have
a build-up of alkalizing agent in all exposed areas, requiring periodic
cleaning.  I don't know if this will compromise the mechanics of the
system, but it is something you would want to ask the
engineers/architects about.

Douglas Sanders
Conservator
Indiana Historical Society