[PADG:2361] Non-English language binding

Good day,

As the date for the implementation of our new LMS approaches, (We are switching to Ex Libris/Aleph after 20+ years on NOTIS) the Binding and Serials Units here at the University of Florida are looking to upgrade/enhance our serials check in and binding processing.  We are planning to fully implement MARC 21 and ANSI/NISO Z39.71.  One of the biggest changes will be the use of non-English captions and abbreviations on the spines of newly bound volumes.  (No more v. on our German and French volumes!!)

Therefore, may I please ask that those of you who read this list and use the language of the piece on your spines/covers of your newly bound volumes contact me off list?  I have a TON of questions and do not want to bore the full list with them.

Thanks a million in advance...

Cathy

Cathleen L. Mook
Head, Preservation