[PADG:2302] Re: Damaged books

When a book cannot be rebound or repaired, we usually tie it up, slip an
explanatory note under the cloth ties [this book is fragile and cannot be
repaired; please retie after use], and we send it back to the stacks,
available for anybody to check out.

Occasionally we will make an in-house phase box or order a more sturdy
phase box from the bindery.

Julie Miles (julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Univ. of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, Mass.