[PADG:2274] RE: sewn on endsheets?

At the University of Kansas we sew on double-folio endsheets for all case and split-board bindings.  (Split boards are used on particularly heavy and/or large books).  The only instances in which we do not sew on endsheets are for 1) adhesive bindings done in-house (for obvious reasons) and 2) German and Russian books held together by staples where sewing is not possible for some reason.

Whitney

Whitney Baker
Conservator
Watson Library