[PADG:2244] Glue sticks & book pockets

I'm shopping for glue sticks.   Our labeling staff use them to adhere book pockets.  We currently use Avery Disappearing Color Glue Stic (supposed to be "acid-free and photo-safe").  We use the 1.27 oz. stick but I'm actually considering recommending trying a smaller (diameter) stick.

My questions:
1)  Can anyone recommend a great glue stick bargain.---either a specific product or vendor source?

2)  How do other libraries handle pockets these days?  Do most libraries still use pockets?  Has anyone come up w/a good alternative or an approach that's worth sharing?

3)  Are there objections to using glue sticks for pockets?  What would these be---even including what may seem to be obvious objections.

Thanks,
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department
Northwestern University Library