From: owner-padg@xxxxxxx [mailto:owner-padg@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Roberta
Pilette
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 9:09 AM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:2239] temporary spine labels

Hi,
   We are trying to find a tape or label that can be used on a wide variety
of book cloths/papers.  The working qualities are that it must stay adhered
while we need the label, but must come off cleanly and relatively easily
when we want to remove it.

   If anyone has such a miracle product---please, share it.

   We are labeling reserves that then go back into the collection, minus
their reserve label.  What's been used in the past--plain old scotch
tape--is certainly not acceptable on a number of counts.

Thanks.

Bobbie Pilette
Yale University Library
Preservation Dept