[PADG:2192] Re: recommendations for water alarms?

Bobbie Pilette
Yale University Library
At 01:44 PM 12/11/2003 -0800, you wrote:
We're looking for effective water alarms for basement storage areas. The
best possible solution would be alarms that relayed to a staffed area, which
in one case is a mile away. The other areas are in large buildings where the
staff are normally a floor or more away from the basement.
Those commonly seen in preservation catalogs are about $200 each. I'm
finding models via Google and Amazon that are $15-$25 each, although some of
the Amazon reviews are less than stellar.
If any one can share experiences with particular models I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
Normandy Helmer
Access and Preservation Officer/
Oregon Newspaper Project
University of Oregon Libraries--SpecColl
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
541-346-1864/fax 541-346-1882
nhelmer@xxxxxxxxxxx