[PADG:2051] ALA Meetings Update

Dear Colleagues,
As the conference approaches I wanted to post a list of the cancelled
meetings and functions.

The official list of cancelled sessions, as confirmed from the ALCTS
office:

1)  Hybrid Preservation: Reformatting Options for the New Millennium
Program

2)  Help! I'm Damaged and I Can't Circulate!: Options for Circulating
and Reference Collections Program

3)  Preservation Issues in Small to Mid-Size Libraries Discussion Group

4)  The reception following PADG had been arranged for PARS to honor
John Dean for his contributions to the field and to congratulate him on
winning this year's Banks Harris award.  I would like to extend a
personal thanks to Bob Strauss and Preservation Technologies, L.P. for
offering to host this reception even though they are not attending the
conference.  I have decided, however, that due to the uncertainty about
attendance at the conference it would be best for John and Preservation
Technologies to celebrate at another time.  PADG is NOT cancelled, but
there will not be a reception following the meeting.

Charles Wilt also asked me to convey that an official Quarum for a
committee is one half of the members +1.  No action items can be
forwarded without a quarum available to vote.  Action items can be acted
on through email during or after the conference.
Because we share a room for the all-committee meeting on Monday there is
no need to report Committee meeting cancellations to ALA, but I would
appreciate knowing as early as possible if you know you won't have a
quorum or will not be meeting as a committee.  If a committee is not
going to meet please also make sure that all related Discussion Group
Chairs have been notified.

Thank you all for your cooperation and dedication in continuing to do
great work through these awkward circumstances.

Julian Stam