[PADG:2050] Grant officer

I am taking a brief survey this morning and hope PADG members can help me
out by answering a few short questions.  Please respond directly to me at
cathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  and if there is sufficient interest, I will
summarize for the list.  Thanks.

The University of Florida is exploring the possibility of hiring a Grants
Coordinator.  This person would have responsibility to oversee the
development of grant proposals, coordinate resource sharing amongst
departments, alert staff members to looming deadlines, etc.

My questions are:

1.  Does your Library or Institution have such a position?  Is it full time?
Is the position funded internally or externally?  If externally, who is the
funding agent?

2.  Is the position description for the position publicly available?  If so,
can you forward me a copy?

3.  Does your grants coordinator help specifically with Preservation grants?
Do you feel that Preservation projects (microfilming, mass deacidification,
education or awareness programs, etc.) have benefited from the presence of
the Grants coordinator?

Thanks a ton in advance for your input.

Cathy

Cathleen L. Mook