[PADG:1972] Discussion Groups

When I sent out the Policy, Planning, and Research Committee’s
survey on Discussion Groups, I neglected to include information on Interest
Groups (IGs). Since they are not currently part of ALCTS
you may not be aware of them. <font
  size=2 face=Arial>Julian<font
 size=2 face=Arial> <font
  size=2 face=Arial>Stam<font
size=2 face=Arial> has kindly provided
this link to an FAQ from the ALCTS Newsletter that explains these groups:

<a
href="">http://www.ala.org/alcts/alcts_news/news/news_igfaq.html

ALCTS will be voting on whether to include <span
class=SpellE>IGs at the next election. If they are approved <font
 size=2 face=Arial>PARS<font
size=2 face=Arial> will have
the option to include them or change DGs to <span
class=SpellE>IGs. Apologies for any confusion my earlier message may
have caused.

______________________________________<span

Melissa McAfee<span

Research <st2:PersonName
 size=2 face=Arial>Library<span
> Director<span

  >New York<font
 size=2 face=Arial> <span
  >State<font
size=2 face=Arial> Historical Association

The Farmers' Museum<span

PO Box <font
  size=2 face=Arial>800<span
  >Lake Road<span