[PADG:1882] Preservation Ergonomics Questions?

Over the past two ALA meetings, questions about ergonomics and work spaces
have come up in at least two meetings that I have attended. With that and
PARS DG's efforts to reach outside of the normal PARS retinue, I have
contacted someone involved in LAMA that specializes in library renovation
and management - more specifically, workspace design and occupational safety.

In preparation for the meeting in Philly, she would like to know if
individuals have any particular questions. For example, are we interested
in ergonomic issues with workstation and workbench design, repetitive
motion problems, or both? Specific questions are as good as those that are
more generalized, but she would like to know how to best target her
preparation.

Please reply directly to me, and I will pass the questions on to her.

Thanks,

Tom Teper

Head of Preservation
University Library