From: owner-padg@xxxxxxx [mailto:owner-padg@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Behler,Erica
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 10:44 AM
To: 'padg@xxxxxxx'
Subject: [PADG:1828] OCLC Digital & Preservation Resources ALA Midwinter
Activities

Those attending the ALA Midwinter meeting may be interested in the
following events.  Apologies for cross-posting this announcement.

Dear Colleague:

As you make your arrangements for the ALA Midwinter meeting in
Philadelphia, mark your calendars now for these events sponsored by OCLC
Digital & Preservation Resources (DPR).  Watch for registration
information later this fall.

*	Friday, January 24  8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.  OR Friday 1:30-6:00
p.m.
(includes travel time by chartered bus)  Tour the DPR Center in
Bethlehem, PA.  The tour will include microfilming and digitization
facilities and will feature the new equipment we've installed to support
the historical newspaper digitization service, powered by Olive. An
in-depth look at how Olive can help you expand access to your newspapers
and other complex print documents will also be presented.  The Bethlehem
Center is the only place in the US where this "factory" is installed.

For now, please mark your calendars for Friday, January 24 and plan to
spend the day with OCLC Digital & Preservation Resources.