[PADG:1782] looking for model procedures

Dear PADG Colleagues:  I am looking for information outlining the
acceptance (or rejection) of gift books in terms of
condition.  For instance, who (and at what point in the
process) assesses the condition, perhaps based on established guidelines,
and determines if the item will be added to the collection?  The ARL
SPECKit has very little that can guide me.  With your help, I am
hoping to gather enough information to generate a set of draft procedures
for the University Libraries.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.  Printed models,
procedures, etc. would be extremely helpful.

All the best, Karen Brown/University at Albany
Karen Brown
Preservation Librarian
University Libraries - LE 310
University at Albany