[PADG:1779] Using the 535 Field

Dear PADG list,
	I am interested in hearing from anyone who is currently using the 535 field  or another field of the MARC record to identify the location of print or first generation masters for microfilm.  At MSU we have in the past not included this information either in our local catalog or in the OCLC record of film.  We are now interested in including information on the location of film masters because we will be storing them offsite at Preservation Resources.  I would be intersted in hearing from anyone on the list who has already considered this as part of the cataloging of institutional microfilming whether grant funded or otherwise.  I fyou are using the 535 field I would be interested in hearing from you to know how you are using the subfield that relate to "holder of originals" and "holder of dulicates"

Thanks in advance for any information you share.

jeanne

Jeanne Drewes
Assistant Director for Access & Preservation
Michigan State University Libraries
100 Library Room W-108A
East Lansing, MI 48824-1048

517 432 7486  FAX 517 432 1010