[PADG:1733] Re: Edu, Inst. and Outreach - Follow-up

The Preservation Education, Instruction, and Outreach Discussion Group
met on Sunday, June 16th for an interesting exchange on the topic of
preservation awareness training for library staff.

As promised, I have updated the handout that was available at the
meeting.  I hope that I managed to add all of the web resources and
training tools that were mentioned during the discussion.   The list of
key ideas/issues from the discussion is drawn from my own notes
(beware?!) and is unfortunately not inclusive of everything that was
surfaced in the presentations and discussion.

On behalf of myself, Eliza Gilligan, and Tina Mason (chair - Education
Committee), I would like to thank our panel speakers and audience
participants for a job well done!

Christine
--
Christine E. McCarthy, Collections Conservator
University of Maryland Libraries

McKeldin Library
Preservation Production Group - Conservation
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-7011

tel: 301-405-9349
fax: 301-314-9971
e-mail: cm272@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Preservation Instruction Resource List.doc

begin:vcard
n:McCarthy;Christine
tel;fax:310-314-9971
tel;work:301-405-9349
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Maryland Libraries;Preservation
adr:;;McKeldin Library;College Park;MD;20742-7011;
version:2.1
email;internet:cm272@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Collections Conservator
fn:Christine McCarthy