[PADG:1730] Stamp pad ink

The ink used to stamp our ownership mark on new library books is
damaging the rubber stamps. We use ink that is permanent and acid-free.
What ink is used at other libraries?

I know that University Products and Gaylord sell "actinic inks" that
are permanent and acid-free. Does anyone out there use these inks with a
rubber stamp? Have you used it for more than a year? (That seems to be
the frequency our stamps need repair.)

Specific recommendations are most welcome. Thank you, in advance, for
your help.
--Jane C.

Jane F. Cullinane
Preservation Librarian, Collection Management Unit
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Ave., Hartford,  CT  06106-1537
860-757-6524, fax: 860-757-6559
jcullinane@xxxxxxxxx     http://www.cslib.org