[PADG:1518] LBDG Call for Topics

As the new chair of the Library Binding Discussion Group, I am posting
a call for topics for our LBDG meeting in New Orleans on Sunday,
January 20, from 2-4pm. In the recent past, the LBDG has held joint
discussion groups with the Binding Automation Discussion Group. The
development and subsequent use of binding software interfaces has been
a prominent issue for discussion in this joint format.

In light of the recent progress in the development of binding
interfaces, David Walls, chair of the Binding Automation Discussion
Group, has questioned whether the Binding Automation Discussion Group
is still necessary and relevant, or whether the Library Binding
Discussion Group can cover both the traditional binding topics as well
as software related topics. This will be one issue for discussion on
our agenda.

Other topics on my rough agenda include Don Dunham's LBI update and an
update by Marco Smits on SF-Systems' ILS Data Capture utility. If there
are other topics related to library binding that attendees feel should
be covered, please respond to this email by December 31, 2001.

I look forward to seeing you all in New Orleans --

Emily Holmes
Assistant Preservation Librarian
Elmer Holmes Bobst Library
70 Washington Sq. South