[PADG:1508] Re: Irradiation of cultural materials

Thanks for sharing this article, Irene. The use of irradiation and its
potentially adverse effects on magnetic media were mentioned briefly at the
AMIA conference last month. As I am preparing to send a package of videos
to New York for reformatting, I called FedEx and Airborne Express.
According to the customer services agents with whom I spoke, neither are
irradiating packages at this time.

Hannah Frost
Media Preservation Librarian
Stanford University Libraries