From: saraw [mailto:saraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 1:18 PM
To: padg
Subject: [PADG:1357] Re: FW: Baker's Double Fold

I would be interested in knowing how many of you are actually getting
questions from your faculty as a result of the publicity surrounding Baker's

book. I've heard comparatively little about it here, even from dedicated
bibliophiles, although that may change as the faculty come back to campus
after the summer break.

Last spring we started discussions with our faculty about journal management

issues, i.e. given our lack of shelf space, what were their preferences with

regard to microfilm, electronic files, document delivery, or some kind of
cooperative storage arrangement within our consortium. Their main concern
seemed to be guaranteed access to the content in perpetuity; in that
respect,
paper and microfilm are both regarded as "safe". While they like the
convenience of electronic journals, they consider them less reliable over
time.

Today I discovered that "Double Fold" has arrived on our approval plan. I
wonder how much of Baker's royalties on this title will come from sales to
libraries...?

Sara R. Williams
Collection Management Coordinator
University of Tennessee Libraries