[PADG:1238] Re: Preservation consultants for new building

Eleanor, check the new website for The Regional Alliance for Preservation
at <http://www.rap-arcc.org/>. RAP consists of Preservation Field Service
programs and Regional Conservation Centers throughout the United States,
many of which offer site survey consultations. RAP provides preservation
information to cultural institutions and the public.

Blythe Lee
Preservation Field Services Officer
Amigos Library Services
972/851-8000, x 144   800/843-8482
www.amigos.org

                    ELEANOR COOK
                    <COOKEI@appst        To:     padg@xxxxxxx
                    ate.edu>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     [PADG:1237] Preservation consultants for new building
                    owner-padg@al
                    a.org

                    02/27/01
                    06:58 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    padg

Dear friends,

We here at Appalachian are starting the exciting adventure of planning
for a new library building.  In all my preservation training, I've
been told over and over how important it is to obtain the services of
a preservation consultant when in this process.

I would like recommendations for such consultants.  Please reply to me
directly and thanks.

Thanks much,
Eleanor Cook

Eleanor I. Cook                                  828-262-2786 (wrk)
Interim Coordinator, Acquisitions                828-262-2773 (fax)
& Serials Coordinator
Materials Processing Team
Belk Library, ASU Box 32026
Appalachian State University