From: Joan Gatewood [mailto:joangate@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 10:46 AM
To: PADG listser
Subject: [PADG:1234] PADG meeting in SF

Dear PADG members:  Susan and I need advice.

Meg Bellinger from Preservation Resources, OCLC,  contacted me on Friday
afternoon.  Apparently  OCLC presents a technical services program at ALA
on Fridays, 1:30-4.  This  year the program has been turned over to Meg for
a  program on  Digital Preservation.  She knows that PADG is also meets
Fridays  2-5.  Her  program would draw approximately 400 people, many of
whom will be from PADG.  She wants  to work out something between her group
and PADG.  It would look something like this, Digital Preservation 1:30-4
and  PADG 4-5.  It would leave about an  hour for announcements, etc. At
the end of PADG,  Meg is offering to do a reception where we could talk
among ourselves.  How does this strike you?

Meg has not yet invited speakers but is thinking she will have someone
discuss metadata, someone from RLG, a representative from the European or
Austrialian community to discuss activities there and someone from the US.

Please let us know through the listserv.  Thank you for your help.     Joan