[PADG:1199] Queuing digital collections

Dear Folks: I am working on a digital project that intends to digitize 1000
monographs.  In discussing this project with Cataloging, I was asked if
there were other ways to let the preservation community know of our
intentions to digitize this material instead of title by title queuing.  At
my library all cataloging is done on the local system and upload to the
utilities as a single step.  Queuing (RLIN) or Prospective Cataloging
(OCLC) requires two separate steps - one at the beginning and one at the
end of the project.  This is costly and labor intense.  Has anyone come up
with a less complicated system?   Is there a single web site being used to
announce intentions to digitize a collection?

Thanks for your help.

Joan Gatewood
University of Michigan Library
Preservation Division