[PADG:1149] Re: PARS--why it works the way it does

Colleagues:

This is a very helpful synopsis of the history of PARS discussion groups.
Thank you, Lorraine, for taking the time to prepare it.

I am in favor of investigating the need for change, but I would also
recommend moving ahead cautiously.  Lorraine explained "why it works the way
it does."  I would like to add that -- at least where programs,
pre-conferences, and institutes are concerned -- it does work the way it is.

I serve as the PARS liaison to the ALCTS Program Committee, and I can assure
you that PARS is often lauded by that committee for both the quality and the
quantity of its programs.  Our discussion group system may not be perfect,
but it has a wonderful track record for program development.  Let's be
careful.

Steve

Steve Dalton
Director of Field Service