[PADG:1122] PARS Discussion Group at ALA Midwinter

PARS DG
Sunday, 4-6 P.M.
J.W. Marriott, Cannon Room

I would like to hold an old-fashioned (i.e. 20th century) informal
"sharing" session at this Midwinters' PARS DG.  The kind of discussion
where one of us puts forward a question and we share our answers.  It is my
hope that getting our best collective advice will assist us in facing the
challenges of our individual preservation programs and possibly identify
our shared challenges.  We might also continue discussion that originated
in other discussion groups or identify topics for future programs.

I, personally, have two questions I would love to put to a group of colleagues.

What publications do people read regularly to keep up-to-date?  (Where is
the best information relative to the time invested in reading it?)

What are people doing about preservation of film, video and sound media?

Do you have any questions you would like to discuss?  If you email them to
me before January 8, I will distribute a list of questions before
Midwinter.  Thanks.  Jane Hedberg

                    Jane Hedberg
         Preservation Program Officer
        Weissman Preservation Center
          Harvard University Library
               Holyoke Center 821
             Cambridge, MA 02138
voice: (617) 495-8596   fax: (617) 496-8344
          jane_hedberg@xxxxxxxxxxx