[PADG:1057] RFPs for conservation

I need to develop an RFP for conservation treatment.  As part of our "Save
America's Treasures" grant project, we are going to contract out the
treatment on some court case files from the early 19th century, about 900
sheets, unbound.  I expect to make multiple awards -- giving parts of the
job to 3-5 different conservators/centers.  Fortunately, our Fiscal Office
immediately agreed that this does not need to be a "low-bid" process.  But I
certainly do want to write it so that I get qualified providers -- not Joe's
Bait & Conservation Shoppe.

If anyone has relevant RFPs they would be willing to share, I would
appreciate a copy -- via snail mail or an attached Word-compatible file.

I'd also accept any "helpful hints" you want to share regarding good or bad
experiences you've had with RFPs.

With thanks --
Lisa

Lisa L. Fox, Senior Conservator