[PADG:1041] Posting for Preservation Resources

From: "Howard,Carmen" <howardc@xxxxxxxx>
To: "'padg@xxxxxxx'" <padg@xxxxxxx>
Subject: New Yorker Article Discussion
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:08:34 -0400

Dear list members,

Although, we appreciate Nicholson Baker's passion and commitment to library
matters (as expressed in his article published in The New Yorker on July 24,
2000), we at Preservation Resources also are deeply concerned about the
preservation of our intellectual heritage. Mr. Baker's article has provoked
much discussion and reflection from the preservation community and this is a
good thing.

However, there are alternatives to Mr. Baker's point of view that cannot all
be published in the letters section of The New Yorker. To further the
discussion, Preservation Resources will be hosting a web page on our site
(www.oclc.org/presres/), to publish responses to Mr. Baker's article. Our
intent is to publish responses that are thoughtful critiques or are
clarifications of points made by Mr. Baker.  If you have a response that you
wish to have published on this page, please send an electronic copy to
presres@xxxxxxxx and mail the original to Preservation Resources, 9 South
Commerce Way, Bethlehem, PA  18017.

Regards,

Meg Bellinger