[PADG:1003] Deacidfication, Stats, and Dataloggers

The Last Word. If you missed Hal Erikson at the National Archives and Records Administration's 15th Annual Preservation Conference on Mass Deacidification Reconsidered, you can hear the highlights at PQ&TDG. You've discussed all of them, now we offer a wrap-up event as Hal, Adjunct Instructor of Conservation Chemistry in the Preservation and Conservation Studies Program at the University of Texas, offers an overview of all of the various mass deacidification processes and their relative merits.
A second topic, Statistics Keeping, Why and How, will offer an opportunity for participants to define terms and identify constants and inconsistencies in our record keeping. Overheads of stats collecting forms from a variety of institutions should help stimulate discussion. We may be able to agree on some standards for statistics gathering, and establish a basis for a fuller discussion of this topic in the future.
For those of you interested in the latest addition to the datalogger scene, we have scheduled a very short demonstration of the ezLogger from Pinnacle Technology, Inc.
2000 is an election year and it is time to elect a new chairperson to organize PQ&TDG for the next two years. Erika Heinen, Collections Care Librarian at Yale University, and Gary Frost, Conservator at the University of Iowa, have both expressed an interest in taking on the task. Other nominations are invited, and may be made from the floor at the meeting.

============================================ Ethel E. Hellman Collections Conservator for Widener Library Widener Library - Room D-25 Harvard University Cambridge, MA 02138 hellman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx tele: 617/495-3494 fax: 617/495-0403