[PADG:933] Re: Pre-stamped Call Numbers

We have have had our bindery stamp the call numbers on our books for
years. The only negative I can think of is that labels have to be typed
if & when the call numbers change or if there is a mistake by the bindery
but that would have to be done anyway if you had paper labels. One caveat
is that we prefer to type labels for the covers when the volumes are so
thin that the title, etc. have to be printed vertically. We think the call
numbers are too small and hard to read when printed vertically.

Pat Turpening
Head, Preservation and Archives
University of Cincinnati Law Library