[PADG:868] PARS Reformatting Discussion Group

There is no formal topic for the Preservation Reformatting Discussion Group,
scheduled for Sunday, 16 Jan. 2000, 12-2pm, Marriot Riverside, Salon J.  Walter
Cybulski, DG Chair, is unable to attend the meetings.

Walter and I suggest that we meet anyway to discuss possible topics for ALA
Summer 2000.

Things to think about...

The majority of recent DG meetings have concentrated on aspects of digital
conversion.  Is that good?  Is anyone interested in discussing microfilming?
Preservation photocopy technology?  There seems to be a lot of interest in
discussing long-term preservation strategies for data and media. Is this
appropriate for the Reformatting DG?

If you want to send your comments to Walter directly, here's his email address:

walter_cybulski@xxxxxxxxxxx

Lars Meyer
Columbia University Libraries