Fwd: NISO draft Z39.79: Environmental conditions .....

I never heard from anyone  :(   any voices out there who want to be counted

>>Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:41:01 -0500 (EST)
>>From: Carlen Ruschoff <ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx (Barbara E Berger)
>>Subject: NISO draft Z39.79: Environmental conditions .....
>>
>>To:  Mary Jo Lynch, ALA Office of Research & Statistics
>>       Karen Muller, ALCTS Executive Director
>>        Sarah Pritchard, ALA Standards, Chair
>>        Brian J. Baird, PARS Books & Paper Standards, Chair
>>        Richard Oram, ACRL RMBS, Chair
>>        Ann Swartzell, Harvard
>>
>>From:  Carlen Ruschoff, ALA Representative to NISO
>>
>>Date: December 1, 1998
>>
>>Subject: NISO Z39.79-199X, Environmental conditions for Exhibiting Library
>>and Archival                Materials
>>

>>The proposed new standard: Environmental conditions for Exhibiting Library
>>and Archival            Materials has been released for review and ballot
>>NISO.  This standard establishes criteria to minimize the impact of
>>environmental factors that contribute to the deterioration of library and
>>archival materials on exhibit.
>>
>>The standard can be found at the NISO WEB site or by using the following
>>the site, please let me know and I will fax a copy of the draft standard
>>to you.  There will be no mailing of print pages.
>>
>>Please distribute the draft within your community for discussion and
>>comment and return the  ballot below and comments to me by December 22,
>>1998.  If you prefer, send your comments to me via e-mail.  My address is:
>>ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  It is a real time saver to have your
>>comments in machine readable form.
>>
>>Let me know if you know of an ALA group that should review this standard
>>but is not listed in the distribution above.  I will be most happy to send
>>a copy to any ALA group interested in commenting on this standard.  Thank
>>you!
>>

>>cc:                      Dale Swensen, Editor, ALCTS Newsletter
>>                          Sheila Intner, ALCTS President
>>                          Maureen Sullivan, ACRL President
>>                          Christine Hage, Public Library Association
>>                          Jo Bell Whitlatch, Reference & Adult Services
>>Division
>>                         Barbara Berger, ALCTS/PARS, Chair
>>

>>*************************************************************
>>                BALLOT FORM            Approval of ANSI/NISO Z39.79-199X
>>	ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS FOR EXHIBITING LIBRARY AND ARCHIVAL
>>MATERIALS
>>_____     Yes
>>
>>_____     Yes, with comment.                [Comments must accompany this
>>ballot]
>>

>>_____     No.               [Reason(s) for voting "no" must accompany this
>>ballot]
>>

>>_____     Abstain                 [Reasons(s) for abstaining must be
>>supplied with this ballot]
>>

>>RESPONDENT:
>>
>>NAME OF GROUP VOTING:
>>
>>PLEASE RETURN THIS BALLOT BY:		DEC. 22, 1998
>>
>>Return ballot to:   Internet: ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>                                     OR
>>   Carlen Ruschoff                        FAX: 202 687-1215
> [...]

Barbara Berger				phone: 607-255-5291
Preservation Reformatting Librarian	fax:	607-254-7493
Cornell University Library			email:	beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx
B32 Olin Library
Ithaca, NY 14853