Fwd: NISO draft Z39.79: Environmental conditions .....

If any of you care to check this out and comment let me know and I will
forward the responses

>Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:41:01 -0500 (EST)
>From: Carlen Ruschoff <ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx (Barbara E Berger)
>Subject: NISO draft Z39.79: Environmental conditions .....
>
>To:  Mary Jo Lynch, ALA Office of Research & Statistics
>       Karen Muller, ALCTS Executive Director
>        Sarah Pritchard, ALA Standards, Chair
>        Brian J. Baird, PARS Books & Paper Standards, Chair
>        Richard Oram, ACRL RMBS, Chair
>        Ann Swartzell, Harvard
>
>From:  Carlen Ruschoff, ALA Representative to NISO
>
>Date: December 1, 1998
>
>Subject: NISO Z39.79-199X, Environmental conditions for Exhibiting Library
>and Archival                Materials
>

>The proposed new standard: Environmental conditions for Exhibiting Library
>and Archival            Materials has been released for review and ballot
>NISO.  This standard establishes criteria to minimize the impact of
>environmental factors that contribute to the deterioration of library and
>archival materials on exhibit.
>
>The standard can be found at the NISO WEB site or by using the following
>the site, please let me know and I will fax a copy of the draft standard
>to you.  There will be no mailing of print pages.
>
>Please distribute the draft within your community for discussion and
>comment and return the  ballot below and comments to me by December 22,
>1998.  If you prefer, send your comments to me via e-mail.  My address is:
>ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  It is a real time saver to have your
>comments in machine readable form.
>
>Let me know if you know of an ALA group that should review this standard
>but is not listed in the distribution above.  I will be most happy to send
>a copy to any ALA group interested in commenting on this standard.  Thank
>you!
>

>cc:                      Dale Swensen, Editor, ALCTS Newsletter
>                          Sheila Intner, ALCTS President
>                          Maureen Sullivan, ACRL President
>                          Christine Hage, Public Library Association
>                          Jo Bell Whitlatch, Reference & Adult Services
>Division
>                         Barbara Berger, ALCTS/PARS, Chair

>                BALLOT FORM            Approval of ANSI/NISO Z39.79-199X
>	ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS FOR EXHIBITING LIBRARY AND ARCHIVAL
>MATERIALS
>_____     Yes
>
>_____     Yes, with comment.                [Comments must accompany this
>ballot]
>

>_____     No.               [Reason(s) for voting "no" must accompany this
>ballot]
>

>_____     Abstain                 [Reasons(s) for abstaining must be
>supplied with this ballot]
>

>RESPONDENT:
>
>NAME OF GROUP VOTING:
>
>PLEASE RETURN THIS BALLOT BY:		DEC. 22, 1998
>
>Return ballot to:   Internet: ruschoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>                                     OR
>   Carlen Ruschoff                        FAX: 202 687-1215
>   Lauinger Library
>   Georgetown University
> [...]

Barbara Berger				phone: 607-255-5291
Preservation Reformatting Librarian	fax:	607-254-7493
Cornell University Library			email:	beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx
B32 Olin Library
Ithaca, NY 14853