interest in hard copy

I wanted to introduce myself and my organization to the list. The Caren
Archives has been discreetly working with institutions across the country
for approximately 15 years. We are interested primarily in 18th-20th
century newspapers and periodicals, but we also acquire other forms of
period history such as pamphlets, manuscripts, Gov. Docs, court and
business records, etc. The most interesting examples are kept in a private
archive (which is made available to The Newseum for rotating exhibitions)
and the balance is sold off to collectors, researchers and other vendors.
We have many times been told by institutions that they were glad to know
about us, because they hate to have to simply discard older materials and
we are even interested in brittle wood pulp items and materials which have
been cut for filming.We do not require detailed lists, but rather a general
idea of titles, quantities and date ranges. We make all transportation
arrangements on larger loads and this can be right up to tractor trailer.
We do pay for materials and institutions have found us an excellent avenue
to generate funds as well as free up valuable shelf space. We would love to
hear from any librarians or archivists who have any questions or may have
material available.
Eric Caren
consultant and lender to The Newseum
President-The Caren Archives