Prepared plastic sheeting for disaster response

This summer we had major roof work done on one of our branch libraries to
repair a long-standing leak problem. Needless to say, the construction
caused massive water problems too but our usual remarkable luck held (7:30
a.m. leaks on a weekday!) and we lost no materials. We did clean out the
plastic supply of the local hardware store.

Now we have an enormous pile of plastic stashed under a staircase. My memory
is that someone once mentioned that s/he had designed pre-prepared sheeting,
cut to a certain length, possibly with ropes at the corners, that was easy
to whip over a range in time of leaks. I'd like to get this mass of plastic
under control in that fashion.

If anyone has specs for pre-prepped range covers along these lines, please
let me know.

Thanks

Normandy Helmer
Head, Preservation & Binding Dept.