Re: BookLab, Inc. closing

Craig, I am truly sorry to hear you are closing.  I hope you and your staff
have wonderful opportunities for the future.  Know you have Wellesley's
thanks for your many years of service and wishes for all the best.  Jane
Hedberg

>On October 27 we sent out letters by email and snailmail to BookLab clients
>informing them that BookLab, Inc. will discontinue operations on Novemeber
>30, 1998.
>
>This message is paraphrased from that letter as a kind of press release:
>
>"In our ten years as an innovator in the library preservation field, BookLab
>has developed many extraordinary relationships with clients and colleagues.
>Beginning in 1988 with the introduction of preservation photocopy, BookLab
>has been on the cutting edge of technological advances in preservation. We
>have consistently met the changing needs of our library clients. Today,
>however, our industry is ready for consolidation.
>
>"We have reached the decision to discontinue our operations as BookLab as of
>November 30, 1998. We have stopped taking new work, but we will complete
>all work which is already here. This was a difficult decision for us, not
>least because of the strength of our relationships with our clients.
>Although BookLab, Inc. is dissolving, many of us will remain in the library
>preservation field.
>
>"Paul Parisi, President of Acme Bookbinding, and Jim Larsen, President of
>Bridgeport National Bindery, have been part owners of BookLab since its
>incorporation in 1988. Their companies now offer many of the same services
>as BookLab. For this reason, we suggest that those interested consider
>sending work that would have gone to BookLab to either of these fine
>full-service binderies.
>
>"As we close our Austin facility, we will devote the majority of our
>attention to assuring that this transition is as simple and as comfortable
>as possible. We will fulfill all outstanding orders before we close
>our doors, and will assist in forwarding new work to Acme and
>Bridgeport. Please call us with any questions and concerns."

>BookLab will be selling all of its equipment and materials. A list has been
>compiled and pricing is now being determined. Anyone interested in the list
>can contact me at craig@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Thanks to everyone.
>Craig Jensen, President
>BookLab, Inc.
>
>Craig Jensen, President
>BookLab, Inc.
>craig@xxxxxxxxxxx
>http://booklab.com

				Jane Hedberg
		Serials Librarian and Preservation Administrator
			  Wellesley College Library
		  106 Central St., Wellesley, MA 02481-8275
		 voice: (781) 283-2103   fax: (781) 283-3690
			   jhedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx