Re: edge copiers

You might contact 'binder Minder" at 1-800-647-5713 or check out www.binderminder.com.  The company was at ALA and sells an attachment that can be placed on several brancds of copiers by the manufacturer of the copier at the time of purchase - like adding a sorting try etc.  Some of the companies mentioned by the vendor are cannon, Sharp, savin, Ricoh and mita.  I think xerox is the only company that still makes a bookedge.  I have not contacted any of these other vendors to see if indeed they will put the binder minder on their copier.  Please share what you discover.

*******
Susan Blaine
Head, Preservation Services Department
sblaine@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> rpilette <rpilette@xxxxxxxx> 10/07 4:32 PM >>>
     I know this has been dealt with at one time or another by a number of
     you folks.  We are looking at our edge copiers and thinking maybe
     there is something better out there.  At the moment we are using a
     machine made by Sharp.  What are other places using?  How do they
     stand up to heavy public use?  Are they a true edge copier? In other
     words how far into the margin do they copy and how far does the book
     have to open?  I am asking about face down copiers for general public
     use.

     Any insights, bits of info and opinions are welcome.

     Thanks
     Bobbie Pilette
     Preservation Division
     New York Public Library