Re: Leaky roof -Reply

Nancy:  I cannot get Cathy's e-mail address to work.   Do you
have a new one?   I am interested in her paper as I am about to
publish a Disaster Manual for all Navy Libraries.  It will cover all
types of contingencies.  I hope to have it placed on the Library of
Congress FLICC (Federal Library Information Center
Committee) web page.   This will make it available to all federal
agencies and anyone.  Bob  Schnare

>>> <STANFILL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/03/98 09:13am >>>
Eleanor,
	Cathy Atwood gave a short but wonderful talk at the
American Institute for Conservation Annual Meeting this June, on
"Packing a Freezer Truck....". In the aftermath of arson, a
courthouse in Missouri salvaged records using a  freezer truck,
pallets, watermelon crates, forklifts, etc. It was very
straight-forward and informative, and worked well for them even
with their short time frame. An option like that might work out for
you since you are on top of the situation and have more time to
prepare.
	Cathy's e-mail is catwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - I'm sure she
would be happy toassist you. I also ask that you inform this list of
your solutions; I, for one, am re-writing our disaster plan, and
would like any tips or helpful suggestions.
Good Luck -

Nancy E. Stanfill
Preservation Librarian
State University of New York at Albany