Preservation Resources Tour

Given Preservation Resources' proximity to Philadelphia, I would like to
take the opportunity of ALA Midwinter to invite you to tour our facility
on Friday, January 29th, to see how we do preservation microfilming and
digital conversion of film, and to meet the staff. The tour will
encompass the full range of our facility and services and include:

*	our camera studio which includes the thirteen Hermann & Kraemer
cameras and the Log E Robertson full frame fiche camera,
*	an overview of how preservation-quality microfilms are created,
including high contrast, continuous tone and color films,
*	the darkroom, processing and quality control units and an
overview of how we manufacture and apply polysulfide solution ,
*	the 26,200 cubic feet microfilm Vault,
*	the digital imaging studio and a brief overview of the scanning
process.

You'll see in action a fully implemented, high-production reformatting
operation that is currently producing 8.4 million microfilm frames and
1.3 million images per year.

The specifics:

The invitation is RSVP only please.
Tours will be conducted in two sessions:

Tour A -- 9:30 to 11:30 am (bus leaves Philadelphia at 8:00 and returns
at 1:00)
Tour B -- 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (bus leaves Philadelphia at 1:30 and returns
at 6:30)

Charter bus service from Philadelphia to Bethlehem and back will be
provided.
Due to limitations of time and space the invitation can only be extended
on a first come basis so please reserve as early as possible.

We request that you RSVP to Carmen Brewer via e-mail: brewerc@xxxxxxxx
by December 11, 1998.  Please indicate your tour choice (A or B) and
transportation choice (riding the bus or providing your own).

We hope to see you,

Meg

Meg Bellinger
President