RE: bookplates

Sherry,

We don't plate non-book formats. In one case we added local notes to the
bibliographic records to identify a particular gift collection, and we have
an "Honor with Books" program wherein the recipient gets their name in the
bib record (so they can find themselves in the catalog).

We use pre-printed stock that we run through the laser printer, unless it is
a huge collection in which case we preprint the whole set and have them
trimmed by the printer.

I could see putting self-adhesive plates onto videotape cases, but in our
experience CDs are so covered with text & images that there is no place to
put the call number!

Normandy

Normandy Helmer
Head, Preservation & Binding Dept.