please contribute to Presed-x

     I am working on a project to expand and update the Preservation
     Educators' Exchange website. The purpose of the site is to provide
     training resources and materials to aid in developing workshops,
     presentations and courses on library and archives preservation.

     I'd prefer to link to existing resources already online, however I
     can convert and mount materials directly onto the site.  I'm looking
     for the following types of materials:

     - full semester course syllabi
     - workshop outlines or detailed descriptions
     - presentation or short course outlines
     - materials used as handouts at training programs (leaflets,
     bibliographies, resource lists, etc.)
     -samples or descriptions of exercises and case studies used by
     trainers/educators
     -descriptions of projects, internships or practicums
     -information on evaluation techniques
     -anything else that may be of use to preservation educators

     If you have information you'd like posted on the site that is not
     already online, please send me the file in the text of an email
     message, or as an email attachment, preferably in Microsoft Word.
     Please mail a hard copy as well.  All submissions should include
     background information such as course/workshop name, date, instructor,
     place taught, etc.

     The site will be linked through the Regional Alliance for
     Preservation (RAP) web site <www.solinet.net/rap/index.html>.  I
     hope to have it online by early fall.

     Please send submissions and questions to:

        Christine S. Wiseman
        Field Service Officer
        Preservation Services
        SOLINET, Inc.
        1438 W. Peachtree St., NW
        Suite 200
        Atlanta, GA 30309-2955
        404-892-0943, 800-999-8558, extension 241
        christine_wiseman@xxxxxxxxxxx