Re: Five-Year Preservation/Conservation Plans

Hi Robert!  The Big 11 libraries have been required to submit five-year
plans to NYS since the program began in 1984.  Also, at Syracuse, we
completed the OMS Preservation Planning Program in 1990,, for which
we developed a plan as well.  Let me know if you'd like copies.
Marty

> Date:          Fri, 06 Jun 1997 15:43:27 -0400
> From:          "Robert J. Milevski" <milevski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:            PADG-L@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject:       Five-Year Preservation/Conservation Plans

> I would like to hear from anyone via the list or offline regarding whether
> they have a five-(or four- or three-)year plan for preservation or
> conservation in their units.
>
> We do not have such a document here but we do see the utility and advantage
> of one, especially with regard to activities such as budget and
> resource/staff management and rare books and special collections
> conservation.  When one's unit is sufficiently organized, planning ahead for
> collections-based projects with subject collections in the general stack
> materials is also feasible and doable.  A 5-year plan  should also work for
> programmatic activities.
>
> So, anyone out there care to share their experiences?
>
> Robert Milevski
> Robert J. Milevski
> Preservation Librarian
> Princeton University Library