Re: barcodes

As you know, pressure-sensitive adhesives are still imperfect,
even the new acrylic kind. Their longevity in place is
problematic-certainly not as good as some other kinds-but
certainly less than "permanent." But then, isn't almost
everything in life a trade-off?
Henry Grunder
Conservation/Preservation Coordinator
The Library of Virginia