Sticky Traps

from Globe Australia Pty, 87 Allingham Street, Condell Park, NSW 2200 Ph
02-9791-1111. We prefer the Agrisense traps
(http://www.agrisense.co.uk/Content/Home.asp).

They can still be effective for 2-3 years depending on how much dust
there is in the area.

We also use Carpet Beetle and Cigarette Beetle pheromone traps when
these insects are detected in an area. The are not used all the time
partly because they are too expensive as the pheromone is much shorter
lived than the plain traps. Also there is a risk that they may attract
pests into theb area. We use them to home in on the seat of the
infestation once the beetles are detected.   The carpet beetle traps
were $135 for a pack of ten last time we ordered them.

Colin Macgregor
Materials Conservation
Australian Museum
Ph. 9320 6105