Restoration of a church pipe organ

Someone ask me recently on how to restore tin plated organ pipes with
the application of a suitable lacquer, the lacquer should also be
corrosion resistant as their are resident bats that are a protected
species.  Any ideas of type of and how to apply said lacquer?  I am
exploring the strategy adopted in tin can making.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Charlie Kerr

Dr. Charles Kerr, C.Chem M.R.S.C., F.I.M.F.
Manager Coatings Technology Division

Tin Technology Ltd.
Unit 3 Curo Park,
Frogmore,
St Albans,
Hertfordshire AL2 2DD.

Tel: +44 (0)870 458 4604  (Direct Line) or +44 (0)1727 871 302

Fax: +44 (0)870 458 4273

E-mail: charles.kerr@tintechnology.com

Website:  http://www.tintechnology.com