Euler clarinets

The School of Music here at Arizona State Univ. recently received two Euler
(Frankfurt) clarinets. They are made of an orange colored wood with a nice
flame I 'm guessing (uneducated) of boxwood. Both instruments have wood
mpouthpieces one is imprinted Euler One instrument is in the key of A and
the other is Bb. Both instruments have ivory fittings and are in quite good
shape considering the age (I believe Langwill listed them at mid 1800's).
They are not playable and the we are wondering how best to put them to use.
One thought is to put them in playing condition and use them to play period
pieces for pedagogical reasons.

As a repairman I am aware that often instruments of this age are not put
into playing condition. I will need to present the pro's and con's of
restoration to our faculty and need more information.

Mechanically,  the instruments have no cracks but all the keys bind in the
slots. They need all new pads. Since the keys are held in place with brass
drift pins it is a distinct possibility the keys are binding due to bent or
coorroded pins. In this case what are the accepted techniques to remove the
pins without damageing the wood.

Is there something special to know about the finish of the wood, oiling the
bore , etc..

What is the value of instruments such as these? Since they are a "matched
pair" does that affect the value?

Any and all information will be appreciated.

Thank you

Gerald Evoniuk
Instrument repair technician
School of Music, Box 870405