[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] FW: Frameconnews is up and running again

Sorry! I'm sending it again because I did not add the
new membership first --:)

Due to popular demand Frameconews Mailing list
is to be re-opened.

You may recall that it was established to provide
an interface between picture framers and conservator/restorers.

It is now to be widened to include advice on framing issues since
this impacts on all who are concerned about the framing of
cultural property.

In the short time that the list has been down the UK standards for
the description of mountboard (matboard) are nearing completion
see http://www.fineart.co.uk/qualifs/Mountboard%20spec.htm
and the accreditation of conservators in the UK is well underway,
see http://www.devmts.demon.co.uk/pacr/

Information about the list is available at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~todd.advertising/index.html

(don't be put off by the `advertising' it is simple some free webspace that
I have)

I hope that you will feel able to contribute.

Stephen Todd