[Table of Contents] [Search]

Re: [frameconnews] Australian framers?

In a message dated 10/10/00 12:26:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cjv@primus.com.au writes:

<< Do we have many Aussies on the list..??..Just wondering how most are coping
 with the GST.. >>

        I'm in California and am just wondering how much the GST is.  We pay
7-3/4% on purchases of retail merchandise, but when I buy something for
resale, I do not have to pay the sales tax (I pay tax on some supplies, but
not on frame stock, glass, etc.).  Is the GST imposed on every purchase, even
resale items?