[Table of Contents] [Search]

FW: MODERATE -- 100436.3447@compuserve.com wants to post a message to frameconnews

>From Stephen Todd (Moderator) to frameconnews:

As you all know, we have moved this list to Stanford
University,

from frameconnews@egroups.com (a commercial news group host)

To: frameconnews@lists.stanford.edu

SO, TO POST A MESSAGE JUST SEND A MAIL
TO:frameconnews@lists.stanford.edu

However, the original site is still in existence, and due to web
searches etc. we get the occasional post from this source. The
person
posted to the old group address from a mailbox that I could not
approve -to protect you all from junk mail etc.

But it was a perfectly respectable message
which was:

"dear framemakers [sic]
I am a paintingsconservator who for a  couple of years have been
interested in problems conserning the restoration and
conservation of
frames. Both the ethical and the practical side of the work. I
am also
interested in the speial problems conserning the mounting of
paintings
in the frames. The mounting of frames on walls, the
consolidation of old
stretchers and the construction of new ones.
In my work I deal with both frames and paintings.
Berit M�ller"

Mark Vine posted this reply to this person: