Subject: Iron rods in 16th century limp-vellum binding

Iron rods in 16th century limp-vellum binding

From: Rita Udina <info<-at->
Date: Monday, August 1, 2016
For those who are curious about ancient bookbinding structures,
here's a post about a limp-vellum manuscript from 16th century which
had iron rods instead of the traditional leather thongs.

    <URL:http://ritaudina.com/en/2016/07/24/andorra-national-archive-conservation-studio-iron-thongs-limp-vellum-binding/>

I had never seen such a structure before, but I would appreciate
comments if you have seen similar cases.

Rita Udina
Restauracio d'obra grafica
C/ Sant Pere, 24
Premia de Mar 08330