Subject: Position at Auckland Museum

Position at Auckland Museum

From: Ian Langston <ilangston<-at->
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Project Conservator - Gallery Object Rotation
Auckland War Memorial Museum
New Zealand

Fixed term 12 Months

Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the
centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing
engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and
educational programmes.

The Project Conservator-Gallery Object Rotation will enable a
planned decant and rotation of gallery collections to enable future
exhibition programming.  This role is responsible for providing
expert Conservation advice, and physical care of exhibition
collections with a particular focus on stabilisation.

To be successful in this role you will have:

    Tertiary qualification in the Conservation of Cultural Materials

    Member of NZCCM or internationally recognized Conservation
    affiliations

    A minimum of 3 years Conservation experience

    Experience conserving a wide range of materials

    Experience in working with taonga Maori or other sensitive
    cultural material

    Up-to-date knowledge of current professional thinking around
    Preventive Conservation

    Competency in Word, Excel, Collection Management Database, email
    and internet

    Ability to effectively and constructively communicate
    Conservation concerns

    Excellent interpersonal and time management skills

    Desire to work in a fast-paced and lively organisation

    Holds a passion for dynamic museums and for working in a cross
    functional team environment

    Ability to make timely decisions using sound judgment and
    consultation

    Excellent interpersonal and time management skill

    Tact, discretion, and confidentiality

For more information and to apply for this job, please go to our job
site:

    <URL:http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com/home>

Closing Date: 14 August 2016

This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a
fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national
and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South
Pacific.

Ian Langston
Conservator - Exhibitions
Auckland War Memorial Museum